Friday, July 22, 2011

Without my camera (a new one is on the way, thanks to my bestie TW) I've had to resort to my photographs of Arrow when he was still a puppy. I had a hard time choosing images for this post, because of course I think most of his photos are really funny. And I laughed out loud looking at these ones again. He is just such a kooky dog. And now looking back at the photos of him as a young puppy, I can see him doing things that he now does ALL the time, but back then they were quirks. Now they're just his personality.

For instance, Arrow loves cliffs, or heights. He loves to walk right up to edge of high points and look down, with no fear. I can guarantee you, if we're on a hike, Arrow insists on walking on the edge of the trail, or he tries to climb down some precipice. And at home he likes to stand on top of things to see whats below. I'm not sure if that's a vizsla trait, or if he's just good at surveying the situation, but I feel like all the vizslas that I've met are all climbers, so my guess is the former.

Once Arrow is up, at least up on a person, he tends to flop. Which I love. And these images show that fairly well, I think. Arrow is such a flopper. It's like he is so tough and strong on the way up, and then he becomes such a softie and just gives in to the flop. Whole-heartedly.

I wonder if his neck hurts or if he's straining, but he seams happy as a clam. But he just wants to look down at whats below... It always makes me chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment